Unlike the rules of love, these skincare products guarantee success no matter which way the dice rolls.
From bottom left clockwise:
- The Power Lifter: Peter Thomas Roth Peptide 21 Wrinkle Resist Serum. Packed with a 73 per cent complex of 21 Peptides, two gamma proteins and neuropeptides, this lightweight serum visibly reduces the look of fine lines and wrinkles when one commits to using it twice daily.
- The Line Eraser: Charlotte Tilbury Magic Eye Rescue. The time-release retinol molecules in this cream work in tandem with saccharide isomerate (a water-binding agent and emollient) to smooth, boost and hydrate the appearance of the under-eye area over time.
- The Three-in-One: Thann Shiso Facial Serum. Centella asiatica (the herb is rich in vitamins A, B, and C) stimulates collagen production, banana flower extract tightens pores, while nano shiso extract hydrates and soothes skin. This serum is also recommended for the under-eye area.
- The Botox-In-A-Bottle: IDS Skincare Rejuvenating Complex Plus. Ideal for mature skin or for men who want to halt the visible signs of ageing, the Mu-Conotoxin Cniiic (a synthetic peptide of cone snail) relaxes lines and wrinkles around one’s face and eyes, as Botox does.
- The Super Performer Serum: Dior High-Performance Treatment Serum-Lotion. Housing the new Capture Totale C.E.L.L. Energy technology developed by Dior’s scientists, this viscous serum-lotion improves the skin’s tone and radiance within seven days while instantly smoothing out wrinkles.
- The Body Smoother: Jo Malone London Lime Basil & Mandarin Body Crème. The olfactory delight of peppery basil, aromatic white thyme, and zesty lime plays second chair to the luxurious and dense cream that nourishes and protects with jojoba seed, cocoa seed and sweet almond.
- The Exfoliator 2.0: Peter Thomas Roth Peptide 21 Amino Acid Exfoliating Peel Pads. Formulated for all skin types except sensitive, each pad is soaked in exfoliating acids tempered with chamomile and green tea to soothe at the same time – the recommended usage is one to three times a week.
- The Spot Healer: Sunday Riley Good Genes All-in-One Lactic Acid Treatment. This treatment employs lactic acid – a gentler version of an AHA that immediately exfoliates pore-clogging dead skin cells to reveal smoother and fresher skin overnight – when a supercharged spot treatment is needed.
- The Hydration Topper: DrGL Moisture Collagen Boost. Three different forms of hyaluronic acid plump the various levels of one’s skin to provide relief and radiance instantly. While one might usually use it on his face, we also recommend it for sunburns or as an overnight lip treatment.
- The Skin Refresher: Lab Series Rescue Water Lotion. Boosted with Hydra2G technology, this lotion is lapped up by one’s skin instantly. It helps to attract and bind water to the skin’s surface while stabilising its pH level after cleansing – use it as a toner or a lotion.
Photography Jeff Chang
Styling Bryan Goh
This story first appeared in the February ’20 issue of Men’s Folio Singapore.