For anybody who has had the privilege to attend an event or party that has been touched by the hands of Janice Wong, you’d know that the world she creates is wild. Like, you-can-lick-chocolate-off-a-wall-or-eat-a-real-life-item-which-is-actually-chocolate wild.
And Bottega Veneta Residency — a virtual showcase of global talents doing their thing — knows that boredom might lead to you buzzing your hair off or touching yourself compulsively , this week’s episode featured the good chef herself and her recipe for chocolate paint.
We’ve transcribed the recipe below so you’re welcome. You can thank us by dropping us DMs of the wonderful, bizarre and odd things you paint it on; our Instagram handle is @MensFolio.
View this post on Instagram
1. 200 grams of coach butter.
2. 10 grams of white liposoluble powder.
3. 2 grams of red liposoluble powder.
4. 4 grams of blue liposoluble powder.
1. Melt the cocoa butter in a microwavable container in the microwave or over a bain-marie.
2. Separate the cocoa butter into five portions of 40 grams each.
3. Mix the paint:
White: Add 4 grams of the white liposoluble powder into one of the cocoa butter portions.
Pink: Add 1 gram of the red and 1 gram of the white liposoluble power into one of the cocoa butter portions.
Light Blue: Add 1 gram of the blue and 1 gram of the white liposoluble powder into one of the cocoa butter portions.
Lilac: Add 1 gram of the red, blue and white liposoluble powder into one of the cocoa butter portions.
Dark Blue: Add 2 grams of the blue liposolusble powders into one of the cocoa butter portions.
4. Paint your chocolates, cakes or anything you’d like really.
Check back every week on https://www.instagram.com/bottegaveneta or the following series to their residency programme.