The MEN’S FOLIO Designer of the Year competition is an annual event showcasing the best budding talents in menswear. It is a platform for aspiring menswear designers, regardless of their background, to demonstrate their sartorial capabilities and unique points of view to a panel of esteemed judges. Finalists stand to win up to $10,000 in cash and prizes, as well as have their work featured in MEN’S FOLIO—Singapore’s premier men’s fashion publication. MEN’S FOLIO reaches an influential audience of opinion leaders and discerning customers and has, for over 16 years, been a style bible providing definitive coverage on fashion, style and culture.
MORE ABOUT MEN’S FOLIO DESIGNER OF THE YEAR 2014:
- An annual competition that will culminate in a fashion showcase in November
- Open call—no age/sex/background restrictions
- Contestants to submit 3 sketches of full menswear looks based on a theme of choice, but bearing in mind an Asian/regional audience and commercial viability
- Each finalist will need to produce one commercially viable look from their capsule collection. A panel of judges will select and announce the final winner at a MEN’S FOLIO fashion showcase to be held in November
- The winner will receive up to $10,000 in cash and prizes and editorial coverage in both print and online editions of Men’s Folio. The first and second runner-up will receive additional prizes
- A Training Scholarship sponsored by TaF.f and valued at $10,000 will also be awarded to the Most Promising Designer. (WSQ Diploma in Fashion Technology in Apparel Design and Product Development OR Merchandising and Marketing OR Footwear Design and Product Development, OR Professional Short Courses amounting to Total Gross Fees of SGD10,000. Training award sponsored by TaF.f)
- Finalists will be entitled to use TaF.tc facilities for producing their look from their capsule collection subject to availability
- Submissions cannot be showcased to the public before or have been covered by the media
- Closing date has been extended to 14 September 2014
For additional enquiries, please email clarence[at]heart-media.com or call us at 6733 9931
Send in your entries in PDF or JPEG format (not exceeding 5mb) to MFawards[at]heart-media.com.