Cue Tom Cruise suavely walking out of his fighter jet in Top Gun, and taking off his sunglasses. That is a pair of Ray-Ban Aviators. Ever since then, the classic sunglasses has been elevated to a “must-have accessory” status for every stylish man. In fact, it was the first pair of sunglasses I owned and still wear them today, amongst several other Aviators.
The much loved eyewear brand has finally opened its first standalone store on our sunny island. Located in Plaza Singapura, on the strip of Singapore’s most famous shopping district, fans like myself will finally have a one-stop for all their Aviators fix, and also their Wayfarer and Clubmaster fixes as well. Other than being exclusively Ray-Ban, the unique store also has several distinct features:
1. Being exclusively Ray-Ban, the store naturally boasts of over 500 pairs of eyewear with a full Asian design assortment (frames that fit Asian faces, read: higher nose pads)
2. It would also carry the junior line of Ray-ban, so your children, nieces and nephews could be spotting the same frames as you are.
3. The four icons of Ray-Ban, namely Aviator, Wayfarer, Round and Clubmaster would have a dedicated corner where you will be able to witness some of their reinvention over the past 80 years. Currently in stores you will be able to see Aviators in neon-coloured frames with mirror lenses and Wayfarers in fabric-coated frames.
4. The most important feature of them all: this is the only store you would be able to get your hands on a 100% Ray-Ban prescription sunglasses. These prescription lenses would contain the hallmark Ray-Ban logo in the top right corner of the right lens and Ray-Ban initials engraved onto the left lens, which are also used to authenticate a Ray-Ban’s origins.
5. To top it off, you will finally have a go-to for future exclusive Ray-Ban frames and sunglasses launches. Previous collections included the 18K gold Aviators and the Ray-Ban Scuderia Ferrari sunglasses.
Ray-Ban fans, you have no excuse to not stock up on your favourite eyewear now.
Check out Ray-ban’s celebrity archive images below.